Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What certification is in place to ensure you are able to sell and install in new and existing homes?

In the United Kingdom, the Building Regulations require that domestic electrical installations are designed and installed safely according to BS7671. These are very similar to the principles defined in the international standard IEC60364 used within the EU. Within the UK and Europe, we require the CE mark to indicate that the product is compliant with the EU safety legislation.
Across the world there are many standards agencies that work together to have similar coverage for most companies. From the information we have about these standards bodies, they mostly align with the IECEE (International Electrotechnical Commission Electrical Equipment) in some way for the standards of testing and certification. More importantly the IECEE can be used to certify not only end product but also manufacturing process to get a good standard in the final product for each country involved.
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?