Surge Protection Devices for Photovoltaic installations
Surge Protection Devices: PRD-DC for photovoltaic applications
- Imax: 40KA
- Un: 600V DC and 1000V DC
- 3 terminals: L+, L-, PE
How does a Photovoltaic System work?
On the roof, solar panels transform sunlight into DC current.
An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) converts this DC energy into AC 230V/50Hz.
It can be either totally used for domestic equipment, partially used and the rest sold to the Utility, or totally sold.
Preventing this costly installation from damages due to lightning is strongly recommended.
The product range:
- 16434 PRD40r 600DC – residential market
- 16436 PRD40r 1000DC – photovoltaic power plants
Cartridges (from the SPD AC offer)
- 16683 withdrawable cartridge C 40-340 for PRD40r 600DC
- 16690 withdrawable cartridge C Neutral for PRD40r 600DC
- 16692 withdrawable cartridge C 40-460 for PRD40r 1000DC
- Simplified choice: optimised offer with 2 products.
- All products include remote alarm contact.
- Total safety at cartridge end of life: the thermal disconnector will open before their destruction.
- OEM in their ready-to-install packages
- Specialised installers
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an expert
Product Documentation and Software downloadsSearch and download offer documentation, support information, software and video/audio content. Download Now!
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor. Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales